Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.01.2014

All Gone.

While we didn't have a full-on Three Day Weekend Cook Out, we did grill up some burgers for dinner tonight.  The burgers were as good as ever, but eating them was a little bitter sweet...as tonight we ate the last of the venison from last year.

Luckily, the start of hunting season is less than 4 weeks away.  It's theoretically possible that by Mid-October my daughter and I will have tagged two deer and an elk...theoretically.  There is a reason it's called 'hunting' and not 'harvesting'. Despite the fact that I have had good luck the last two years(taking 3 deer)...well, like they say in investing, past results are no guarantee of future success. 

I have faith in my daughter though...she won't let the family starve.

No comments:

Post a Comment