Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.07.2014

Thank you, drive through.

Not much intelligent to say this evening.  Earlier in the day, we attended a going away party for some friends of  ours that are moving to Missoula in the morning.  I must say, I'm more than a little jealous.  Two years ago, we swung through Missoula on our way to Bozeman, and I must say, living in Missoula would be easy to handle.  Hell, living anywhere between Couer D'Alene and Bozeman would be easy to handle.  If I thought I could find a job between Northern Idaho and Central Montana paying...well, a healthy percentage of what I make now...I'd be there tomorrow. 

After that, my wife and I dropped the kids off at home, and I took her out for a beer, and some dinner. 


Since they have added food, White Bluff's Brewing has become perhaps my favorite place to go in Richland.  They have always had the best beer of the several brewpubs in the area...and while their menu is basic(a few appetizers, Panini's and flatbread pizza's) the quality has always been outstanding.  It might not be a fancy place to have dinner, but it's a fun place.  Tonight was even more fun because we ran into a lady from my wife's Bunco group who was having a few drinks with her husband.  While time out with my wife is fun, time out with a couple of other adults was pretty okay too.  Actual adult conversation. 

The only negative, if you can call it that, is that White Bluff's doesn't waste time on wimpy beer.  The 'lightest' thing they had tonight is a Red Alt at 5.8% ABV.  The tasty, tasty Ale Ferme Noire I had came right in about 8%.  End result?  I didn't feel like doing much constructive when we got home.

Luckily, I didn't need to.  Earlier this week, my wife found out that Amazon Prime had listed Band of Brothers as being available for free streaming, and neither of us have watched it before, despite it being high on my list.  We are watching the first episode tonight. 

These are definitely guys I could drink a beer with, or drink a toast to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment