Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.08.2014

Patience.

I know that you can't call something that comes out of the oven BBQ, but, you can call it tasty.


Friday, I rubbed this pork shoulder down, and then before going to bed last night I stuck it in the oven at 225 degrees. 

17 hours later it looked like that.  I use the same rub that Alton Brown uses on ribs...heavy on brown sugar, and then some garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, and cinnamon.  The braising liquid is OJ, Margarita Mix, Worcestershire, and liquid smoke. 

Yup...17 hours.  No pulling was required...it pretty much fell apart on its own.  We had plenty for dinner tonight, and my lunch tomorrow...and that was after putting three one-pound packages of it in the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment