Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.26.2014

I'm down with that, yo.

I saw this headline during the few quick minutes I had to surf the internet today.

Shane Black Wants Chris Hemsworth to Play Doc Savage

There is nothing about that sentence that I don't like.  Shane Black is a writer, producer, and director.  His name is associated with things like 'The Long Kiss Goodnight', 'The Last Boy Scout' and 'Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang'.  Chris Hemsworth has been playing Thor, and it's not his fault the new Red Dawn was not as good as the 80's Red Dawn(critics gave him good props for his role in 'Rush', but I haven't seen it, so I can't comment).

As for Doc Savage...

I can't say I am a Doc Savage fanatic, but in my teenage years, my dad picked up 7 Doc Savage books at a used book store, and came close to ordering me to read them.  Well, he only had to order me to read the first one...the rest went down easy after that.  I think it is a character that should translate well to the big screen. 

I'll have to pay attention to this and see where it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment