Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.21.2010

They stole our idea!!!!!

Like I'm sure most married couples do, SWMBO and I will occasionally play the 'What would we do if we win the lottery' game.  Many times, the scenario lead us to a dream of combining things we enjoy, with earning a living(or at least keeping from going stir crazy).  We have always thought that some combination of a used book store located next-door to a pub would be an ideal tax shelter. 

Well, cruising through the town of Dayton this weekend, I found that some low life bastards had gone and thieved our idea!!!!!!!

  


Well, okay, they aren't 'thieving bastards'....they are actually very nice people, and they took our idea one step further by not just opening a used book store and pup....but it's a Used Book Store/BREW PUB!!!!!!   Jealous of them or not, I did swing in for lunch after my morning of playing in the snow Saturday.  

Very tasty food.  As my wife knows by now, the first thing I will always try at a new restaurant, if it's on the menu, is a Reuben.  My mostest favoritest sandwich in the world.  Skye's did not disappoint.  Very nice corned beef, plenty of sauerkraut, and THICK sliced rye bread.  Dug it.  Got a Caesar Salad and chips with it...and, since it's a brew pub, I did feel the need for a tasty adult beverage.   They had 4 beers available, and I felt the best one to go with my Reuben would be their just released Oatmeal Chocolate Stout....and folks...it wasn't good...it was OUTFU#&@*IN STANDING!!!!!

It hit hard too.  As much as I wanted a second one, I still had a bit of a driving to do before making it back to the Tri-Cities so I had to stop after one...Wait a minute....half pints....in a dainty little glass?  Well...I guess there is room for another 8 ounces.  SOOOOOOO GOOD.  

My only moment of sadness came when prior to leaving, I asked if they sold any of their brews to go.  They did, which made me happy, but only had 3 of their choices currently available in bottles...and the Chocolate Oatmeal Stout was not one of them.  So sad.  Instead I got one bottle of each brew they had available.  

Pretty labels.  A Scotch Ale, and IPA, and a Honey Wheat Ale.  I will post my opinion as I try them. 

So...it's not a huge place...maybe 10-12 tables, and only about 40 linear feet of books on sale...but my hats off to these fine people...living my dream.  Now, when we win the lottery, my wife and I can just buy an already established business.








No comments:

Post a Comment