Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.10.2010

Heinous Violator

As we approach the Holidays(usually sometime after November 1st), the wife and I invoke Rule 138(a), which states: Thou Shalt not purchase anything for yourself, but rather will add it to your Christmas Wish list. 

Actually, it's more of a guide-line than a rule, because I would NEVER break a rule I made SWMBO.  Usually, the guide-line works pretty well...it just means I spend too much money on my wife at Christmas, because I buy her the stuff on her list, plus whatever I was going to get her anyways. 

Today though, I suffered a break down, and bought not one, but TWO things for myself.  The first was the first CD released by The Band Perry, called fittingly, The Band Perry.  These kids have two singles released already, and I love them both:

If I die young   and Hip to my Heart

The rest of the CD is equally strong, and if violating Rule 138(a) leads to any serious punishment from SWMBO, this CD is worth it.

I also purchased a new book today:  Monster Hunter International, by Larry Correia.  Larry is a pretty serious gunny, as well as a moderator on several firearms forums, and also a blogger: Monster Hunter Nation.
His book has to do with idea that, Yes, Virgina, monsters(zombies, vampires, werewolves, etc.) are very much real, and the US Government, under the far seeing eye of Teddy Roosevelt, himself an exciting adventure type, set up a fund to pay bounties to anyone who does one in.

So far, I am 5 chapters in, and it is an enjoyable read.  Originally, I had intended to do the Right Thing and add this book to my Gift Ideas list, but Mr. Correia forced my hand by recently releasing Monster Hunter: Vendetta, a sequel...so that one will go one my Christmas book, and in the meantime I will read the first book. 

Besides, it's not like these are just for me...my wife read this book, and she will listen to the CD...so I got I did it for US, not just for me(even though I get to enjoy them first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment