Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.18.2010

I'm sure this is important to someone...

Outgoing Florida Governor Wants Jim Morrison Pardoned


So...Charlie Crist, the incumbent Florida Governor that was defeated by the Tea-Party backed(well, he was back by a lot of people, the Tea Party was just the most vocal in taking credit) Marko Rubio in his U.S. Senate campaign, is seeking to clear Jim Morrison's name from a 1970 conviction.

Not being around in 1970, it appears that Mr. Morrison did some naughty things during a Doors Concert and the State of Florida, which must have been a much more moral place back in the 1960's and 70's, decided to make an example of him, and after a rather dubious trial, he was found guilty of exposure.

That is a very sad story...but since last time I checked Jim Morrison had been dead for 40 F-in years, so uhhhh......WHO CARES!?!?!?!?!?!

Now...if this was just Mr. Crist, on his last day of office, issuing this pardon...I wouldn't really care very much.  But...from reading other articles on this subject, Mr. Crist says the following:  “The more that I’ve read about the case and the more I get briefed on it,” Crist said in an interview on Tuesday, “the more convinced I am that maybe an injustice has been done here.”

 'The more I get briefed on it'.  That means that a sitting US Governor is being officially briefed(ON THE TAXPAYERS TIME!!!!) by either private lawyers or more likely, paid state employee's, on the legal situtation of a dead for 40-year rock star.

It gets worse though....the story I referenced contains this gem:

'Mr. Crist will need the support of at least two other Cabinet members to approve a pardon'

THAT means that the staff members of at least two other Florida Cabinet members(state employees all) are going to spend time(TAXPAYER SPONSORED TIME!!!!!!) to brief each other on whether pardoning a guy that has been dead for 40-years, and REALLY doesn't care if he is pardoned or not, is the right thing to do.  

Because, the State of Florida is so well run as it is. I'm just glad I am not a taxpayer in Florida...or I might get really spun up.  I'm just glad Governor Crist doesn't have something important, like cholera making the jump from Haiti to his cesspool of a State to worry about.   

No comments:

Post a Comment