Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.03.2010

Distractions

'Unforgiven' is playing in a loop on CMT tonight, which means I am in a continual state of distraction much to deep to seriously think about politics in. 

Unforgiven is one of the top three Clint Eastwood movies out there.  If forced to make a list I would say:
1. Unforgiven
2. The Outlaw Josey Wales
3. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Basically, if I am flipping through the channels and come across any one of these three movies, I am lost.  It KILLS my wife.  At one point, Unforgiven was THE movie on AMC...they showed it every other night for like, a month...I must have watched it six times that month...At Least.  My wife was getting very frustrated with it.  I can't help it...it's a great movie.  Along with Josey Wales, it is Clint Eastwoods most quotable role. 

The only movie that I feel directly competes with Unforgiven for Best Movie of All Time is 'Jaws'.  Always have and always will love that movie...everything about is outstanding.  Robert Shaw as 'Quint' turns in one of the best acting jobs EVER.  His mostly ad-libbed monologue of the tragic sinking of the USS Indianapolis alone should have won him an Oscar, but alas, he was not even nominated for Best Actor in a Supporting Role.  (Who won it that year?  George Burns, for his role in The Sunshine Boys.  Really, that George Burns?  Didn't know that until 30 seconds ago...very surprising.)

You could rig me up to a chair Clock Work Orange style and just run Jaws and Unforgiven through on a loop and I would never, ever complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment