Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.28.2014

It was fun but...

Being home is kind of nice too.

Been on the road the last 5 nights with family, doing the 'visiting' this year for Christmas.  We headed out Tuesday night as soon as I got off work, and fought our way over Snoqualmie pass to get to my moms house.  We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there, having a grand old time.  In kind of a change, we had the fancy prime rib based meal Christmas Eve, and then a much more casual brunch followed by a pasta dinner on Christmas Day itself.

Christmas Day was so casual, that even though my wife and I snuck in early showers, and came down stairs all dressed, we were chased back upstairs to change into PJ's which we spent the rest of the day wearing.  Luckily my wife and I both got some cute new PJ's for Christmas.


The day after Christmas, we actually had to get dressed, and we went to visit my dad for the day before returning to my mom's for the night.  Saturday, just about 'family timed' out, my wife and I left the kids with the World's Greatest Nana, and headed out to Poulsbo to visit spend the day and night with some good friends, visiting wineries, and breweries, and then having an evening of 'roll your own' sushi. 

Sunday, we picked up the kids from my mom's, and headed home to much love from the cats.  One of the wife's friends did a bang-up job of keeping the cats and chickens alive while we were gone, but they were happy to see us home...I think. 

It was a great couple of days. Much time was spent with family, and friends.  Still...it's nice to be home.  I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, with my own pillows tonight, and sleeping in a bit on Monday.  I put in for Monday off a few weeks ago, knowing that I was probably going to need a day to recover from my time off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment