Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.26.2013

Le sigh.

Had to go back into work today, and I'm not sure why.  Oh...I know why...because I didn't feel like burning vacation time...I only earn 2 weeks worth a year, and between hunting and other family stuff, there isn't a lot to use at the holidays.  Years like this are especially goofy, with Christmas and New Years being in the middle of the week.  We got Christmas Eve and Christmas off, but next week, we only have New Years Day off...but then, don't forget we work 9 hour days, and so every other Friday is off, so...when you break it down, from December 19th on, my schedule went: 3 off, 1 on, 2 off, 2 on, 2 off, 2 on, 1 off, 1 on, and then 3 off, before we go back in for a full week January 6th.

So...not a lot of new stuff going on, just kind of making sure no one steals the tank farms, and catching up on year end administration. It does take me away from family though, and I was more than a little bummed to get in my car this morning and find that the 24-Christmas station had already gone back to playing light rock...and then coming home to find out that my wife had already stripped the Christmas Tree of ornaments.

Sad.

Focusing on the positive...what did I get for Christmas?  Well...I showed a picture of myself in my new UT Kilt yesterday, which was my big gift, accompanied by a new belt and belt buckle. I then also got 3 new books(2 Dresden files, and the final book of the Troy Rising series by John Ringo), 2 new cookie sheets, a new frying pan, and a box of outdoorsy/survival stuff from my wife and kids including: a little first aid kit, a 3-pack of Instafire tinder, an emergency dental kit(bought before my tooth problems this last weekend), and a cute little 1020 size Pelican Case.  That will come in especially handy, since my normal method of protecting important stuff while hunting is to throw it in a Ziploc bag. 

I also got smiles, lots and lots of smiles.

as close to a boudoir picture as I'll ever get

We'll save the family report for another day...the things that you think will be the favorites, aren't always the favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment