Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.11.2013

Mobius

With hunting season over, we used my Friday off for a nice little home-schooling field trip, going to the Mobius Science Center in Spokane. 

Now, an initial disclaimer...the science center was not as big as we thought it was going to be. Our kids were pretty much done with it in about 2 hours.  Since it's a 4+ hour round trip Tri-Cities to Spokane, I would say it might not be worth it just to go to Mobius, but since we had other things to do, it was a nice, pleasant day. 

Despite being smaller than we thought, Mobius was neat. It's almost 100% hands on, which is nice for kids(oh, and parents!) 


My wife stole my heart, and used it for a science experiment!  My older daughter is biting down on a piece of metal to prove bone conduction of sound. She finally stopped after 5 minutes because her teeth were starting to hurt. 

After that, we had to run to the headquarters for the Eastern Washington/Idaho Girl Scouts so my wife could drop a few things off and buy a sash for our older daughters uniform.  Then, it was a few antique stores, because one can never have enough lard containers.

 
 
We finished up our Spokane trip with an early dinner at The Flying Goat, where we had some really, really, REALLY good pizza.  To get nit-picky, the pizza was kind of thin.  I mean, it was nice, crispy crust, but I prefer a little more dough...but the toppings were tasty, tasty, tasty.  We had the special, which had spinach, roasted chicken, and roasted garlic, with a cream sauce, and then little dollops of hot chili sauce on it.  It was yummy, yummy, yummy, and I'm bummed out it's 4 hour round trip away.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment