Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.31.2013

Go get me some candy.

My wife and I took turns on Halloween chores tonight.  She took the kids out for the first candy basket filling, and I took them out for round two.  My younger daughter went as a Super Hero Cat, and the older one went as Adam Savage from Mythbusters, because she rocks.


During my stay at home to hand out candy, I decided I had to get myself in the mood by watching one of the....lets say 5 best horror flicks of all time, Poltergeist. Gosh, what a good movie, even if a few of the special effects(like the face peeling scene) don't quite stand up.  What I can't get over is that it's rated PG. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be rated that now. 

1st Halloween in this house, so we didn't know what to expect for visitors...I'd say we got somewhere between 30-40 kids, and while the Kit-Kats were the #1 requested treat from the bowl, the little gummi-bear packs my wife bought(gluten free!) were more popular than I thought they would be.
Still, we have three or four bags of left-overs for me to bring to work tomorrow so I can try to effect the number of diabetes cases we have at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment