Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

1.03.2011

Total Defeat

My efforts(lacking in patience AND competence) to make my desk-top computer faster AND get the 'yay it's free' wireless router up and running have not been successful.  Oh....I deleted quite a few things with the end result that the desk-top does boot up much faster...but now it refuses to acknowledge the internet exists again.  I can be surfing with the lap-top, pull the cable out, stick it in the desk-top, and it only tells me I have local access.  I foresee a time in the immediate future where I rip all my pictures off this desk-top onto a few memory cards, and do a trash-can upgrade, choosing to live with the lap-top for the immediate future.

The free wireless router has pushed my last button...I was able to reset its password, but could get no further than that.  I described my frustration thusly to my wife:  It's like putting a beer out on my porch, then chaining the sliding glass window is shut.  I can see the beer is there(much like my computer can SEE the internet), but I can't get to it without a tire iron. 

And I would very much like to take a tire iron to this router right now.  Tomorrow, I think I hit Office Depot and pick up a new one...with an instruction booklet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment