Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

1.13.2011

Not sure this has a happy ending.

Earlier this evening, while having my daughters help with the laundry, I was in the middle of folding the hand towels, and I was struck my a moment of inspiration.

Looking at my older daughter, I asked her if she knew what a 'rat tail' was.  After she state she didn't know what one was, I had her turn around.  Selecting my weapon, I quickly rolled a hand towel up, and flicked it right towards her bottom, where it impacted with a satisfying 'snap'.  She jumped around, more startled than hurt, and I showed her what I had done. 

A quick demonstration ensued, with my younger daughter showing extreme interest also.  It took a while, but using an empty card board box as target practice, my older daughter finally got the wrist motion right.  And that is when I noticed the gleam in her eyes, as she was looking at her younger sister.

Uh-oh.

Daddy quickly and calmly sat both girls on the couch, and carefully explained, in appropriate gruesomeness for a 5 year old an 8 year old, what would happen to the girl who decided to try this new technique out on her sister.  I also tried to explain what punishments mommy would do to daddy if she found out what daddy had taught the girls to do.  I think I got through to them.

I figure I will know for sure about 10:30 tomorrow morning when I get a call from my wife, wanting to know why one of the girls cracked HER on the rear with a towel...since I am not sure I warned the girls that their MOM was also not a target. 

No comments:

Post a Comment