Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

1.06.2011

Guilty Pleasure

Proving that commercials usually succeed at hitting their target audience, my girls jumped me the other day, telling me 'Daddy...Daddy...a new Wipeout is on this Thursday'.

For those of you not in the know, Wipeout is an obstalcle course type show on ABC.  Picture it  is as kind of a kindler, gentler, foam covered, funnier version of Ninja Warrior.   It's good, clean brain-rotting fun, and my kids love it.  I kind of love it too, and what I enjoy even more than the show itself is the fact that my kids will sit with me on the couch for a full hour, with me.  Now, it might now be as ideal of a bonding experience as a camping or fishing trip...but I will take what I can get. 

Immediately after our show, we had to turn the TV over to SWMBO, so she could watch the Season Premier of Grey's Anatomy.I don't watch the show much...the times I HAVE watched it, it has not measured up to E.R., so...why settle for 2nd best.  Today's episode proved that to me.  For the 2nd time in six months, there was a mass shooting in Seattle.  6 Months ago it was at the Hospital, this time at a generic university.  Last time I watched the news, we didn't have that many mass shootings in Seattle.

The part of the episode that really cheesed me off was about half-way through, when some of the doctors found out they were working on the probably shooter, and half the Operating Crew walked out.  George Clooney or Anthony Edwards never would have done that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment