Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

1.27.2011

Pizza Pizza

First things first, let me get it off my chest that I am a bit of a sissy boy.  I do not like mushrooms, and I am not a fan of onions.   I will got out of my way to avoid anything easily recognizable as either a mushroom or an onion. 

Prior to meeting my wife, this was also my opinion of olives and peppers...now at least, I can see an occasional use for olives...and I actually like peppers.  My parents would be so proud of their big boy. 

For a long time, this meant the only acceptable pizza for me was an all-meat pizza, with the only variety being in the occasionally rotating in a Canadian Bacon and pineapple pizza.  The last few years, I have actually come to enjoy the salty flavor of olives along with my meat...kind of tasty. 

Tonight after work(since my wife and daughters were road tripping), I met my boss and some of my co-workers for some pizza and beer.  They all know my complete and utter disdain for mushrooms and onions, so after a fair bit of good natured ribbing, I was eventually able to ensure that we ordered one pepperoni and pineapple pizza, and that the one of the other two pizzas was a Gyro pizza, hold the onion.

Folks, I gotta tell you...that Gyro Pizza, from Brick House Pizza in Richland, Washington, despite being pretty far from my 'typical pizza choice', we one of the tastiest pizzas I have had in a long, long time.  Gyro meat, feta cheese, Tzatski sauce with tomatoes and lettuce. 

Num, Num.  It was really good, and I can't wait to have my wife try some soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment