Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.17.2014

So Sad Looking

When I got home from work yesterday, this is what was waiting for me:


Ouch...that is some serious wilting going on there...but...those pots were saturated when I left for work this morning.  I think this is just the reality of what happens on a 109 degree day, especially when a convection oven type breeze pops up in the afternoon.  It dried that stuff out lickity-split.

Luckily, as soon as water was added, the plants perked right back up, and by sun down, they looked right as rain. 

I've moved them into an area where they are in shade most of the afternoon, and I have a few inches of wood-shaving mulch at the top of each pot...

I guess it might just be something I have to deal with on super-hot days.  I mean, I could ask the kids to water them around lunch time, but I've also been given to understand that it is not good for the plant to sit permanently in damp soil. 

The good news is that it is just the plants in the pots...everything in the raised beds is looking fine.

Stupid flippin' hobby anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment