Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.15.2014

Consolation Prize.

My wife and I caught wind of the fact that one of the local wineries, Barnard Griffin, does a trivia night each Tuesday.  It seemed as good a way as any to celebrate 'Nothing to Do Night', with a little Date Night.

Unfortunately for us, the topic for the night was Tolkien...J.R.R. Tolkien.  It's unfortunate because while I enjoyed the Lord of the Ring movies, I can't say I'm a Tolkien fan...especially not in the way that I am Heinlein, or MacLean fan.  I actually KNOW stuff about those people.  Hell...my wife and I knew it was going to be a rough night when we couldn't answer the first question(What does J.R.R. stand for?).

That didn't stop us from having a good time though.  We split up a bottle of Riesling(it was a hot day!), and then we split a few appetizers(meatballs and a tasty-ass white beans and roasted fennel hummus) and a nice Caesar salad.  We didn't come close to winning the non-existent prize, but I got the best consolation prize, getting to bring the prettiest girl there home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment