Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.26.2013

Too rich for my blood.

While events have currently taken me out of the market for a gun, it never really hurts to go looking.  For the most part, prices on AR's look like they have come back down to normal, even as ammo remains as rare as hen's teeth.  The ACE here in town now has 3 or 4 AR's(mostly DPMS) priced in the $800 dollar range. 

They also had one gun that caught my eye that was priced considerably higher...an Ares Defense Belt Fed AR that the store was asking $3200 for.

Now...from what I've been able to learn, that is not an insane asking price for that weapon...it seems dead on the MSRP.  What I can't learn from the internet is why someone would be $3200 for a belt fed AR.  My only two guesses are: cheap surplus ammo that is still in links, or you have access to an fully automatic lower, and you just want to get your hands on a belt-fed upper. 

The only other thing I can come up with, is someone has the ability to convert it to a fully automatic weapon. 

Even with those reasons, I'm not sure I can EVER see myself paying $3000+ for a belt fed AR.  In that price range, I'm much more likely to pick up something in the .50 Caliber Family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment