Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.17.2013

Strange...my beer tastes like beer!

Earlier this week, while at Mid-Columbia Wine and Liquor, I spotted an interesting bottle of beer, and in a moment of weakness, bought it.  It's a big bottle, being the same size, and roughly the same price as a 'Decent Tuesday Night' red wine(roughly $10).  Called 13th Hour, it's a dark Belgian stout, and part of Sam Adams Barrel Aged Collection. 

Fathers Day seemed like the right day to try it out.


Now...don't take anything I am about to say as running this beer down.  It was a perfectly fine stout, with plenty of the coffee and chocolate notes that really, really like in my stouts.  It compares very favorably with two of my current favorites, Iron Horse Brewery's Mocha Death, and Ninkasi's Oatis Oatmeal Stout

I guess the bottle and the price just kind of had me thinking that the beer would be something...special...over the top.  Maybe the empty bottle could sing to me or something, make it a multi-sensual experience. 

Probably won't go out of my way to buy it again, but the wife is pretty happy to have the bottle, because it's WAY neat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment