Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.26.2010

Well, that was polite

We recently got back in the door from my moms place.  The last 4 days and three nights have taken us from Richland, to Kirkland, down to Lacey, back up to Kirkland, then headed back to Richland.  Total time in the car is about 14 hour...which I realize is not a marathon compared to some family's Holiday Odysseys, but, since my moms place is a 2 bedroom apartment, and our place is a two bedroom apartment...there is always a lot of personal space.  It's something we are just going to need to get used to.

My two girls get along very well.  None of the cat fights and hair pulling which TV and the Movies taught me to expect have materialized.  There might be an instance or two where one tries to boss the other around, trying to establish dominance, but for the most part, I am highly impressed by their relationship.  Much less chaotic than how I got along with my brother. 

Even the closest relationships need a break occasionally though.  After the last three days described above, when we finally made it back to our apartment, my older daughter just wanted to sit on the couch and read, while the younger one was crowding her to play with plastic dinosaurs and barbies(not sure how that works, but who am I to argue). 

A little exasperated, by older daughter finally said, 'Sissy...sometime we need some time alone...maybe you need some alone time in the bedroom with yourself.'

Much more polite than what my wife said as I was crowding HER waiting for my turn on the computer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment