Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.16.2010

Christmas came early

The day has finally come. For the first time since the end of September(and 9 of the last 12 months) , I am living under the same roof as my family.

Everything today went pretty smooth from my side(the wife had a few issues with actually getting on the road, but she eventually powered through them and made it here, which is all that really mattered.

I was told that the movers would be here between 8 and 9, and the moving truck pulled into the apartment complex at 8:12. I PRAY that the cable company is as punctual tomorrow. They were done moving everything into the house and assembling the bed frames and such by 11:30. A very fast, efficient crew. I was very impressed.

I was also fairly terrified. When they were about 2/3rds of the way through unloading the truck, I was almost certain that there was NO WAY every was going to fit into the apartment. The first big pieces of furniture went in okay...it was when they started moving in the boxes that I was scared. Just seemed like WAY too many boxes to be just out stuff.

In the end, it all fit into the new apartment. As long as we leave it all packed up in boxes, it will probably continue to fit in the apartment.

Actually, when we started unpacking, I learned just HOW thorough the packers had been. They went as far as individually wrapping and padding each of our containers of salt.  In the end, I think that roughly 2/3rds of everything in a box will end up being packing material. 

After getting the living room squared away, we headed back to my corporately sponsored housing.  we are lucky that I have it until Sunday meaning we have two days to get things more organized in the new place before we have to live there.  Our first dinner in Richland was a tasty one: venison backstrap, sweet potatoes and broccoli. 

Here's hoping day two is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment