Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.25.2010

Silent Night err...morning.

Didn't think I would get a chance post anything Christmas Day...at least not until the roast was in the oven, and I was watching The Christmas Story for the 3rd or 4th time. Here it though...7:55, and the Worlds Best Nana and I are staring at each other, actually getting a chance to drink a cup of coffee, and wondering how much longer SWMBO and the girls will sleep inn. I know the answer to how long my wife will sleep...given the opportunity, she can make it about 12 hours before she physical needs will kick her out of bed.

Me on the other hand...I really have a hard time sleeping much more than 7 and a half hours or so. My back gets stiff, my bladder gets twitchy, and once I'm out of bed, I really have a hard time falling back to sleep, so I usually don't even bother trying. I simply use the early morning for a little quite time...get the dish washer unloaded, first load of laundry going...that kind of stuff.

Well...I'm starting to hear noise from in the girls room, meaning that Present Apocalypse is crouching on the horizon...about time for me to crawl back in bed with the wife and snuggle her gently awake.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment