Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.09.2011

There has been a naming...

It's been almost a week and a half since I first let Cat into the apartment, and allowed him to spend the night.  There has been zero indication that anyone is missing Cat....no signs, nothing on craigslist, and no one has responded to the signs(there were two of them, making 'signs' the appropriate term) that I put up.  I guess the only thing I haven't done yet is bring him to the vet to see if he has some kind of identification chip implanted in him. 

After the first day that I left him alone and we had a few 'misplaced feces' incidents, things have been going very good.  He is friendly, and likes AND tolerates the kids.  At night he sleeps at the foot of the bed, instead of trying to sleep on my wife's head, like the last cat did.  If I could teach him to sit and fetch, you might think he was a dog.  I was a little worried about his belly and digestive track at first, but now that he is settled in, there is almond roca in the litter box instead of hershey's kisses.  Yay! 

Another big behaviorable difference between him and our last cat is his eating habits.  Our last cat was a grazer...put out a big bowl of food, and she would work her way through it.  We would top it off as needed, and every few days, I would dump out what was left and start from scratch.  This guy eats what is put in his bowl, and then meows for more...constantly. He's much more...robust...than our last cat...she was under 5 pounds near the end...this one is in the 12-13 pound range...not obese, but...husky.  The wife and I did decide that the time has come to start using a measuring cup to watch what he is eating.

SWMBO was trying to decide if he was a Charlie or a Reuben.  I kept digging in and saying his name is Cat...but with all my 'Somebody come forward please' deadlines running out, I have run out of excuses. 

So meet Reuben...the newest member of the family:

1 comment: