Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.10.2011

Horrible things happen in this world every day...

Wish I hadn't hopped on the computer before my shower this morning...then maybe I would have missed this story, and started my day in a different mood:

18 Horrible, disgusting examples of 'humanity' arrested for mulitple gang-rapes of 11 year old girl.

It's possible I might have modified the headline from what the newspaper had.

Yeah...I had to read the story to see what it was about...part of me was hoping that they had their numbers backwards...not that 11 people gang-raping an 18-year old would be even close to a good thing, but it would not be a 'The Human Race is Beyond Saving' thing, either. 

Assuming that these accusations are true, painful things beyond the imagination need to happen to these 18 people.

There is also one other person involved in this story that needs some...'upgrading' shall we say?

Some residents said they had seen the 11-year old girl around, dressed provactively, leading to this, the WORST STATEMENT OF THE YEAR(SO FAR):

"Maturity or not I'm pretty sure she knew what she was doing," Robin Smith, 24, a cashier in Cleveland, said as she shopped this week.

NONONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Crap....what a totally F*$@#ed up thing to say.  This in an 11 year old CHILD!!!!!!

As a parent of girls, I am shocked sometimes when I go shopping.  Once you get girls out of their toddler years, some stores have very strange ideas of what is 'fashionable'...and there is not a lot of difference between the clothes available for a 5 year old, or a 15 year old.  As parents, my wife and I make conscious decisions to buy the most modest clothes we can for both my daughters.  These aren't ankle length sack dresses...our daughters wear pants and shirts, and look like little girls...they wear one piece swimsuits in the summer, and not little girls bikini's. 

But, I do understand the clothing options that are out there for 11-year old, and how an 11-year old COULD 'dress proactively'.  However...it wouldn't matter if she was wearing a sign saying 'Please Gang-Rape me...it's okay, I promise'...SHE IS STILL ONLY 11-YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!

Crap...I am one of the first people out there to put forward the idea that maybe the legal idea of statutory rape(and the labeling of those guilty of as 'Sex Offenders' could use some modification. But, there is a world of difference between 16 year old girls with 19 year old boyfriends, and this. 

Hopefully, this is a time for some of that 'Texas Justice' we hear about.  If ever some folks just 'needed killing'...it's these guys. 

You know...'assuming' they are guilty. 

2 comments:

  1. They are guilty, and from the looks of things so is the girl's mother. If it is true that she was seen hanging around this trailer (it was mentioned in the other article I read last week, too) then where the heck was her mother? I'll bet you my next paycheck (warning: it's nonexistent) that this child has eleven freaking years of Mama teaching her through word and deed that her only worth as a person is tied to her sexuality (which, yeah, a girl that age shouldn't even have).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that final quote from the mom, "This is the time when she needs us the most." Yeah, sure. More 'parenting' from THAT paragon is juuuust what she needs. My guess - that poor child has been a victim since the day she was born.

    I'm not very optimistic about that 'Texas Justice' thing, unless the victim is lucky enough to be a prized possession of one of the good-old-boys. The law will slap the appropriate wrists, the student athletes will still be eligible for their scholarships, and those with prior records might do a bit of jail time. Disgusting beyond words.

    ReplyDelete