Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.23.2011

R.I.P.

I'm not a big fan of 'old movies'.  I'm not the biggest fan of 'old actors'(old being anything that happened before I was born.)  I won't dismiss something because of it's vintage(I like 'The Guns of Navarone'(1961) and 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly(1968))...I'm just not fascinated by black and white movies, or particular actors.  My wife for example, is a pretty huge fan of Rock Hudson and Dorris Day. 

I can still remember the first time I flipped through TV, and 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' was on.  My breath was taken away by the passionate, gorgeous brunette playing Maggie.  When I asked my wife if she knew who the actress was, she told me Elizabeth Taylor.  It's not often I call my wife a liar, and even in this case, I was not crazy enough to actually use those words...I just expressed my doubt that there was any way that this ravishing creature was the same crazy lady who had been married 8 times, and was Michael Jackson's friend. 

As everyone out there knows...my wife was right...once upon a time, Elizabeth Taylor was an amazingly gorgeous woman...she would no doubt qualify as a Top 10 All-Time Beauty.  And now, she is dead.  One can hope she felt she lived a full life. 

R.I.P. Richard Burton's Wife(twice)

No comments:

Post a Comment