Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.31.2011

Road Tripping

Well, we are just about packed up to hit the road.  Tonight, we are headed to visit the World's Coolest Nana.  We will stay there for the night, then SWMBO and I will be leaving the girls with The World's Coolest Nana for a few days, while we head south for a romantic two nights in Portland, Oregon.

I have driven through/past Portland before, but have never really done much in the town, so this is the first trip there for both of us.  I only have a few things planned out...I would like to visit Powells, which is a huge book store downtown.  Then, I have reservation for dinner Friday night at the Portland City Grill, and one Saturday, I think we will spend most of the day walking around the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry...looks very neat.

Normally, I would try to plan things out more...but occasionally this habit upsets the wife.  With this schedule if  she we decide to not get out of bed until 10am...that is okay.  On the old system, I would be pushing her out of bed to hit some breakfast place I had been scouting out for 6 months or so, then, spending exactly 3 hours and 12 minutes at the museum before going to do something else...

Theoretically, this way of doing things leaves more time for snuggling, which is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment