Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.22.2010

Ooo...I can't wait

So, as I was driving home today, a man on the radio told me I must tune in tonight  to see an classic reunion on Cougar Town, which is apparently not about a town in California in which random hikers and bikers are eaten by Mountain Lion's, due to a failure to keep predator populations under control with responsible hunting.

The 'classic reunion' in question is not The Beattles, or the Eagles, the girls from Facts of Life, or the cast of the Breakfast Club or Red Dawn...it's Courney Cox and Jennifer Aniston.  Friends has been off the air for just over 6 years...I didn't realize this now qualified us for classic status.  And while Friends was enjoyable, it wasn't MASH, The Cosby Show, Cheers, The Simpsons, The Family Guy or even South Park.  In other words, not a classic. 

Leaving the 'classic status' of the show out of the loop...let's look at the quality of the actresses in the reunion.  Jennifer Aniston, for a good portion of her run on Friends, was a top 5 babe, which would have qualified her for inclusion on The List, if I had been married at the time.  Her acting skills, as the ability of her movies to make money prove?  Not so much.  Courtney Cox, while having a few attractive years on Friends, never did it for me.  The most I have ever enjoyed her was when she got roughed up in the different Scream movies. 

So...in summary, about the only thing I am looking forward to less than watching the Courtney/Jennifer reunion on Cougar Town tonight(especially since the commercial doesn't even show them kissing), is the show with the fat people on it(not The Biggest Loser) Mike and Molly. 

If I want to watch a fat guy do funny things, I'll look in the mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment