Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.24.2010

All Done

Went in to the Ship Yard this morning to turn in my badges and say one last round of goodbyes.  Although with the whole 'Social Networking' thing, it doesn't always feel like goodbye.  Due to facebook and this blog here, people will still have the opportunity to find out WAY more about my life than they may want to.  Like there are some things you can't unsee, there are like-wise things you can't unread. 

The house is looking good.  What I really need to do is find a way to get HGTV disabled at the house.  SHMBO is pretty good at making me see the truth...that our goal is returning this house to some kind of neutral, boring base state, and then trust that someone will come in and recognize the house for the opportunity it represents.  Some things are still beyond me though. 

Replacing the three overhead light fixtures in our family last room all by myself caused me to believe I might be some kind of electrical genius...but after looking at our fan in the bathroom, with the goal of replacing this fan with a fan light combo over the commode...I might not be that good.  It's not the electrical part of the job scaring me, it's going into the crawl space over the bathroom...I went up there yesterday for five minutes to look at things, and it almost did me in...I was hacking up fiberglass for the rest of the night. 

Might be time to break out the check book...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment