Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.02.2014

Now, the wait.

Rolling the clock back for Daylight Savings Time proved no challenge for my bladder, so I was up dark and early this morning. Since I have some tomatillo's to do something with, I figured why dilly-dally, so I got busy on making a batch of Roasted Salsa Verde

Rather than roast my veggies, I decided to throw them out on the grill.



It doesn't make a huge batch, but then again, it wasn't that many tomatillos I was starting with.  I used both pasilla peppers and Anaheim's in addition to the jalapeno for heat.  I kind of wish the finished product had a little more heat, but...with canning, I didn't want to mess too much with the approved ratio's.  Chemistry is important.


Like I said, not a huge batch...just 5 half-pints, but...come January, once the flavors have had a chance to mix and mingle, it will be nice to be able to pull on of these out of the garage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment