Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.11.2011

Stock-up opportunity

Passover being long gone, and a few months remaining until we get to the other major Jewish Holidays, Safeway is clearing out some of their 'ethnic' items.  I stocked up on some matzoh, and saw that they had a few boxes of Shabbos candles on the 50% off shelf. 






Nothing fancy about them...just a plain white candle...about 3.5 inches by 3/4 of an inch.  Rated to burn for 3 hours.  This compares them to 7.62 X 39 rounds(look...now my post is vaguely gun related!)



A box of 72 was on sale for $6, which is....let's see...carry the one..and we get...$17 just over 8 cents a candle.  My wife had picked up some emergency candles at the dollar for for about 20 cents a pop...so, this was a pretty good deal.  I picked up two boxes, which with the Chanukah candles we bought on clearance last year, and a bag of tea-lights I found on clearance at Fred Meyers gives us well over 400 candles stored in the house.

I think they had two more boxes on the shelf I might pick up if they are still there next time I hit the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment