Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.05.2011

Hoist with my own petard.

So, yesterday I rubbed down a few pork picnic roasts with Alton Brown's brown-sugar based rub, then wrapped 'em in tin foil and tossed them in the oven at 250 degrees FOR EVER. 

This gave me a good excuse to chase my wife and mother-in-law out to have a good time together, while I stayed home with the girls, because it would be unsafe for me to leave the house with the oven on.

Brilliant!

SWMBO and her her mom went out and had a good time.  One of the stops my wife had talked about making was at Tagaris Winery, for some lunch and a tasting.  When they came home, she asked me if I wouldn't mind going to the car to help carry up the wine.  Because she smiled and kissed me first, of course I said yes.  I went happily down to the car, and this is what I found:


A full case of Chateau Clonk de Plonk red wine.  She said it was her 2nd favorite thing she had tasted(her favorite had cost $54 a bottle) and buying it by the case was a really good deal.

After all...wasn't I the one who always talked about 'buying it cheap, and stacking it deep'?

Hey...at least she'll let me help drink it...

No comments:

Post a Comment