Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.09.2017

Ingenuity

While taking advantage of a pretty beautiful spring day to do some backyard cleaning, I found this:


My youngest daughter took a stick, some yarn, and the Cold Steel Urban Pal I keep in the back yard for cutting open random bags...and made a spear. 

After counting the chickens, I called my daughter out to ask exactly what she was thinking...and I became a victim of my own preparedness wishes.

'But dad...do you want the first time I try this to be when I NEED to be able to do it?'

Dang...she had me there.  All I could do at that point was reinforce the expectation that it was not a toy to play with around friends...and if she was able to sneak up and use it on a squirrel, she was going to eat it for dinner.

1 comment: