Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.20.2010

Busy, Busy, Busy.

Last couple of days have been fairly busy.  Lot's of unpacking, then visiting with our friends, since they have cable and a big TV for me to watch football on, since we are sacrificing with only basic cable.  It was also a good opportunity for our kids to get out and play in the snow.  There isn't always a lot of opporunities to play in the snow in Western Washington.  When it does snow in the lowlands, it's usually big wet flakes, rapidly followed by big wet drops.  Not the best stuff to play in.

Eastern Washington snow is different.  Cold dry, fluffy snow.  This weekend we got about 2 inches, followed the by a new inch or so each day for the next two days, which was ideal.  Not enough to be a mess, but enough to keep the snow looking fresh and white, and not sandy, salty, dirty and yucky.  It was also ideal sledding weather. 

I'm not really sure that my kids had been sledding prior to this weekend.(SWMBO corrected me....they got the opportunity to go sledding last year when we visited my wife's family in Connecticut for the Holidays.).  I will clarify by saying that I had not had the opportunity to observe them sledding before.  They had a blast.  Looks of shear joy on their faces.  Glad I got the chance to stand in the snow and freeze, guarding them against puncturing themselves on the building markers installed on the hillside we chose to go sledding on.

In the real world, my wife has made really good progress getting things put away at the house.  Now if only our new apartment complex would get their dumpsters emptied in a timely manner.  Our cup runneth over with empty boxes and packing paper. 

It's still going to be a challenge getting used to living in an apartment.  I foresee a lot of playing outside with the girls to keep them from driving mom and dad crazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment