Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.29.2015

Crash and burn.

Several times over the last few weeks while cruising around on foodgawker, I have seen pictures of a delicious looking Magic Custard Cake.  Tonight I finally tried making, following this recipe. 

I think I did something wrong. 

It's supposed to look like this:

 
 
Yum! 
 
What I got was this:
 


I'm not sure what I did wrong.  It was supposed to bake for 40-50 minutes. I left it on the oven for 100+ minutes, and it never set up.  I'm curious if maybe the eggs are to blame.  I used the eggs from my chickens...and it's possible that maybe our 4 eggs are equal to 6 'normal' eggs. 

Who knows.  I guess I'll try again in a few weeks. 

Sooooo disappointing.  I belong on a pinterest fail board...

1 comment:

  1. Find a neighbor who'll let you borrow a store bought "medium" or "large" sized egg (not extra large), and weigh it in comparison to a couple eggs from your chickens. But yes, its entirely possible that your eggs are the problem.

    ReplyDelete