Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.31.2014

Old School Disney

Last week, Borepatch posted what he felt was one of the spookiest pieces of classical music...Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saëns. 

It is hard to argue with that choice...but in my mind the winner for spookiest piece of classical music will always be Night on Bald Mountain, and the blame for that lays entirely at the feet of the Disney Corporation, and specifically whomever decided that this video was appropriate for including in Fantasia.



Man oh Man, that stuck with me for a long, long time.  I can't remember the actual ages involved, but until I watched Poltergeist in my early teenage years, this section of Fantasia was the standard by which other nightmare inducing fiction was judged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment