Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.10.2014

Making Due

The other day, my wife sent me a funny.


Not only did it make me laugh, but it made me want to make bacon cheeseburgers.

Problem...I used the last of my propane tank last weekend, and being a horrible, unprepared prepper, I don't have a spare, and I didn't feel like heading out for more.

Solution: Modify the Bacon Explosion.  Used some ground venison instead of sausage, and added a bunch of shredded cheddar cheese into the middle.  Then I baked it in the oven at 400 for about an hour.


Yeah...it came out pretty okay, even if a lot of the cheese oozed out.  Luckily, I had reserved some cheese.  Then I just sliced it up, and it fit very well on a toasted English muffin, which is the preferred hamburger bun in our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment