Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.16.2013

Deja Vu.

So, things were on the verge of getting pretty tight on the home front.  My company, a government contractor, was running out of money, and we have been making plans to go to minimum safe manning on Monday, meaning 95% of us were going to get to stay home, which is nice, but we weren't going to get paid, which is not so nice.

All that has been averted, with an 11th Hour Deal that kicks the can even further down the road, solving nothing, but hey, at least it's politics as normal, with Senate Minority Leader McConnel getting a 2.9 Billion Dollar earmark for a Army Corps of Engineers Dam project in Kentucky.  Oh...a project that is already years behind and hundreds of millions over budget. 

Excuse me...I think I just threw up in my mouth. 

Now...it's easy for me to say this now, but the fact is...I was more than willing to give up a few weeks worth of paychecks if we got a balanced budget plan in the process.  I said as much on facebook yesterday, and you would have thought I had a 3rd eye growing out of my forehead. 

Whatever.  This is just like last year.  Pass an extension, set up a 'Legislative Panel' to come to some kind of budget agreement.  They won't(like the couldn't/wouldn't last time) and to kick the can further down the road in January, they will agree to another panel and another extension, and then maybe some kind of automatic Sequestration.

Stupid. 

There will never be a better time than now to fight this fight.  There will never be a good time to do this for the global economy.  There will NEVER be a time it doesn't cause a recession.  There is NEVER a time it won't hurt the poor, and the rich, and the middle class.  As the debt continues to increase, it isn't going to get cheaper to address the problem.

But hey, at least we can have a Happy Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment