Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.06.2013

Field trip!

Since the butcher shop I was dropping my doe off at was down near Yakima, we decided to make a family day out of it, and hit the Yakima Valley History Museum while were in the area.  A good time was had by all, and with a whole family price of only $12, it was a good use of two hours. 

I think it is safe to say that everyone's favorite exhibit was the working 1950's style soda fountain that serves as the museum's snack shop.


What?!?!?  You don't consider that an exhibit?  Living history, man...living history. 

Well fine...there were other neat things...a penny-farthing that Roberta might appreciate, although I think the seat on hers is in better shape.

 
 
A very classy hearse.
 
 
 
And my favorite room...the Cabinets of Curiosity...where they basically have cabinets full of collections that they haven't had the time to further characterize.  It includes things like this fine his and hers chairs that I can't WAIT to find a spot for in my living room.
 
 

 
 
I think the pink might clash though...bummer.  
 
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment