Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.03.2013

That's horrifying

As I was flipping through the channels last night, I swung through ESPN, hoping for any nugget of information about the rapidly approaching NFL season.  Instead, I found the 2013 X Games BMX Big Air finals. 

That is some terrifying, terrifying stuff. 

Didn't these folks mothers love them enough to tell them 'No, you can't try those tricks?' 



That was the gold medal winning run...and it wasn't nearly as scary looking as some of the...less successful runs.  Part of the score is determined by how much air you catch off the quarter-pipe after performing your first trick.  Most guys were getting 12-14 feet...the winner got over 21 feet. 

Not in a million years would I even think of trying something like that.

Boring, scar free Greg...that's me. 

1 comment: