Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.22.2013

Not the course of action I would recommend, but...

It seems everything came out alright in the end, but stories like this one kind of make me shake my head.

In fear, Bremerton woman fires gunshot at would-be intruder.
You hate to second the person on the scene...in this case a frightened mom in her living room, with someone pounding on the front door and screaming after midnight.  She did the right thing by calling the police, but...I question this wisdom of shooting through the door.  It brings up soooooo many questions about proper target identification.  I mean, what if the loud drunk guy had been replaced by the responding police officer? 

If she launches an unaimed shot through the door and clips Beat Officer Smiley, I'm guessing they aren't giving her gun back right so soon.  In fact, it shows some pretty open attitudes on the part of the Bremerton Police and Kitsap County Prosecutors office that they have already given it back to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment