Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.19.2012

So, umm...when can we hunt them?

But they are soooooo cute!

Another wolf pack confirmed in E. Wash.

So, that now makes 8 confirmed packs here in Washington, with who knows how many total wolves.  All it takes to be labled as a pack is adults traveling together, so...it could be only 16 wolves...but I'm willing to guess it's a few more than that. 

Either way, they are here, and they are spreading.  At some point, they are going to need to be controlled...and I know a whole bunch of folks who would be willing to spend tons of money to help control them. 

Really, I'm not one of them...I'm willing to bet that the cost of a wolf tag is going to be much higher(and the meat much less tastier) that a deer tag.  I'm not putting folks who hunt for trophy's down...my boss went on a bear/wolf hunt in Idaho this spring, and I know getting the meat home was about priority 17 for him.  He was much more worried about making sure he treated the skin of any potential trophy safely. 

I just keep going back to my belief that if animal populations need to be controlled, it would be much nicer to let hunters PAY for the right to control the population than to have the Fish and Game Department spend taxpayers money to control the population.

No comments:

Post a Comment