Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.16.2010

Turkey Choices

Since today was a fairly boring uninspiring Tuesday, lets flash back to happier, more cheerful times.

This last Saturday, a couple of my friends hosted an early Thanksgiving-style dinner, since the female of the pair is going to be in San Diego on the Holiday itself.  The male of the pair went all out on turkey, smoking two breasts for about 6 hours, and then frying a whole bird to offer up an option for the commie pinkos who don't like smoked bird...

AND OF MY DEAREST GOD, BOTH THE SMOKED TURKEY AND FRIED TURKEY WERE DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

I would go as far as to say that both the smoked turkey and the fired turkey were the two best turkeys I have ever had, and I make a pretty fair turkey myself.  I follow Alton Brown's recipe to the letter...24 hours of brine, fill the cavity with cinnamon, onion and apples, roast away...it makes a pretty fair turkey, but nothing like what came out of my buddies smoker or fryer.

I wonder if I could smoke a bird for a few hours, and then fry it, or if the world would just end in a brilliant flash of awesomeness? 

No comments:

Post a Comment